– OR –


Can we get full custody now and or would the court terminate parental rights.: We as paternal grandparents have temp. Physical custody of our granddaughter since she was 6 months she is now 6 yrs. The mother as visitation rights. Our son wasn’t address at the time for visitation since he returned home with our grandaughter. For most of the 6 yrs mother never had a stable life, job, place to live or stable visitation schedule. Visitations schedule has become bit more stable but nothing else. Neither parent has ever paid their court order child support. We furnish everything.

Heather’s answer: I am not exactly sure what you are asking. Do you wish to terminate mom and dad’s parental rights? Do you want a final custody determination? I suggest scheduling a consult with a local attorney.

Answered about 1 month ago.

How can I get a date a warrant was signed from district court: I have an active warrant in District court. I have the warrant number from the on-line Sheriff site. How can I find out the date it was issued. The jail cannot see that, only booking/release dates

Asked about 1 month ago in Criminal Defense

Heather’s answer: I am not exactly sure what you are asking. Do you wish to terminate mom and dad’s parental rights? Do you want a final custody determination? I suggest scheduling a consult with a local attorney.

Answered about 1 month ago.

My question is, is or how is it possible for this to happen or be legal? Using child support to pay back lawyer fees??: My wife’s ex-husband has be ordered to pay child support for 2 of the children. Out of the amount ordered comes a car payment and paying him back for his attorney fees, which he filed against her. So as of now, she receives no child support for the 2 children. So he has, in a sense, used the system to avoid paying child support and made my wife’s life (our life) hell because of this. I myself am taking care of them however, he has a responsibility that he is avoiding.

Asked about 1 month ago in Child Support

Heather’s answer: It seems as though there may be more to the story or the child support was not properly calculated. You need to contact your wife’s attorney for specifics, as none of us on the forum have the final order issued in this matter.

Answered about 1 month ago.


[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]

  1. January 21, 2016

    I’m 40 yes old and just found out that my mother was involved with 2 men at the time of conception. I’ve reached out to the other man in a certified letter of which he signed for. In the letter I explained everything and asked for a DNA at my expense. He, of course hasn’t responded. I want nothing from him other than a DNA and any hereditary medical history. Will a court order a DNA?

    • January 21, 2016

      This is a tricky situation given the fact that you are an adult wanting medical information. A DNA test likely will not be ordered in this instance because you are not seeking it for visitation or monetary reasons. You are seeking it for medical purposes which your potential biological father is not obligated to give you if he turns out to be your father. Therefore, since there is no legal obligation, a court would have a difficult time ordering such and enforcing such.

      To discuss further, please call me at 251-943-4870 to schedule a free consultation.

      As required by Alabama law “No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.” This information provided is not to be construed as legal advice until you have paid a retainer and have a signed contract for legal services on file with The Collier Law Firm, LLC.

  2. April 4, 2015

    On 3/29/15 my boyfriend, Michael Dawson was pulled over at 7:45 pm. The officer said he recognized him from past offenses. And because he seen his sticker was expired, but there was no way he saw the sticker before he turned around and chased him down. After pulling mike over, he was hand cuffing him for the dwls and no registration, and then the tow truck driver got the officers attention, alerting him to a broken glass pipe that was in the grass on the other side of the parking lot, and then after looking around he saw a baggie with what looked to be meth inside. Due to assuming mike was DUI he took him to the EPD, and conducted, sobriety testing. For 4 HOURS!!! Multiple times he wanted him to do the one leg stand test, 4-5 times, and the officer couldn’t even complete this task, let alone mike. He could for a few seconds but not counting too 1-one [email protected] His BAC was 000. But the officer wanted to call in a DRE to check him also. Doing all this because they wanted a reason to charge mike, which they did, with the Drug paraphernalia and possession of controlled substance, yes mike has a history of this, but now he has kids, and one on the way, and cannot AFFORD a 25 year sentence with 3 year mandatory. He did not, drive or have drugs on him during this stop. The officer, ADMITTED while in the police car, to mike, that he DID NOT see him throw anything out, and he was watching. Now shouldn’t that be enough to get this bogus charge gone? Also the fact the the EPD wears chest cams and the officer accidentally sprayed his coworker while searching Mikes truck, with mikes pepper spray he found. I think, maybe the officer was UTI. Anyway after the DRE arrived, mike admitted to using Marijuana earlier that day, also Dilaudid the day prior to the traffic stop. Yes doing a pupil test on someone is gonna make your eyes readjust when you continue multiple times, at turning the lights off and on. The DRE concluded in his opinion that Michael was under the influence of a stimulant. After this mike was so agitated and ready to just be booked in, he refused chemical testing. He was done being their puppy.
    He was charged in all with
    Poss cont sub 3rd drug phara
    OWI 1st
    No Insurance
    Operating Non Registered Vehicle
    Initially what I am asking is, due to the minimal facts but truthful I provided, do you think he can get the possession charges dropped?

    • April 4, 2015

      Dear Ashley:

      I would have to see a copy of the police report and his prior history before I could give you legal advice. If you would like to schedule a free consultation, please contact me at 251-943-4870.

  3. February 24, 2015

    I was wondering if you could give me a quote on an Uncontested divorce? Me and the guy I am separated from have no children and nothing in assets together.

    • February 24, 2015

      Dear Jessie:

      I sent you an e-mail to the e-mail address provided. I look forward to hearing from you.

Write a comment:

Cancel reply


Your email address will not be published.